Help and support
Let us help you find what you're looking for
How do I read an electricity dial meter?
With a smart meter, we receive your readings automatically meaning you'll never have to read your meter again. Book your smart meter installation today in the Clubhouse.
Follow these points, to help you read a dial meter:
- Read the dials from left to right starting with the dial marked 10000. Don't read the dial marked 1/10
- If the pointer on a dial is between two numbers, write down the lower number. This may not be the number nearest to the pointer
- If the pointer is between 0 and 9, use 9
- If the pointer is exactly on a number, write it down and underline it
- If any of the underlined numbers you have written down are followed by a 9, you'll need to take one away from the number you’ve underlined
The meter reading in this example is 94694 kWh.
If you need any more help reading your meter, simply contact us and we'll go through this with you.