Help and support
Let us help you find what you're looking for
How do I take a reading on my smart meter?
Your smart meter automatically sends us your meter readings - so you don't have to!
If you'd like to take a reading from your smart meter, it's really straightforward.
Both gas and electricity meters have a numerical keypad and here's what you do to take the reading:
- press 9 on your gas meter keypad
- VOLUME will show on your gas smart meter screen
- You'll see six digits (e.g. 01234) followed by m3 at the bottom right of the screen
- This is your latest reading
Don't worry if you miss your meter reading, you just need to wait a few seconds for the screen to go blank and press 9 to start again.
- press 6 on the keypad
- Your electricity smart meter will show +IMP R01+
- You'll see eight digits (e.g. 0001234.5) followed by kWh at the bottom right of the screen
- This is your latest reading - you only need to give the first seven digits
- If you're on an Economy 7 tariff, +IMP R02+
Don't worry if you miss your meter reading, you just need to wait a few seconds for the screen to go blank and press 6 to start again.
If you'd like to submit a reading yourself, you can:
- go to uwdc.co.uk/readings
- call our automated meter reading service 0333 777 0 777
You can also take a look at our guide to using your smart meter, by clicking here.