Help and support
Let us help you find what you're looking for
What speeds can I expect to get with my Broadband service?
You can check your estimated Broadband speed using our speed checker.
Just enter your phone number and your postcode.
There's a lot of different factors that can contribute to the actual speed available on your line, and the speed you'll receive:
The speed available on your line can be affected by:
- how far your property is from the telephone exchange or street cabinet
- the quality of your telephone line and internal wiring.
The actual speed you receive can be affected by:
- the processing power of your PC / devices
- how many people are sharing your broadband connection
- whether you use a wireless or cable connection between your router and PC, laptop or other connected devices
- if using a wireless connection; where you keep your router
- the speed of websites that you visit
- if you connect at peak times, such as evenings, weekends or major sporting events
- network capacity.