Help and support
Let us help you find what you're looking for
How can I check my broadband download/upload speed through my router?
Standard Router (model TG582n)
- Enter https://192.168.1.254 in your web browser
- Under Broadband Connection, the Line Rate the current access line speed is shown
Down = the current access line Download speed
Up = the current access line Upload speed
Standard Router (model TG588) or Premium Router (model TG589ac)
- Enter https://192.168.1.1 in your web browser
- Enter the router username and password (default username: admin, default password: admin)
- Under Broadband the current access line speed is shown
Down arrow = the current access line Download speed
Up arrow = the current access line Upload speed
Third party routers
If you’re using your own router, you can still check your access line speed. Please check your router’s manual for instructions.