Help and support
Let us help you find what you're looking for
What can I do to improve the speed of my broadband?
There's a a lot of things that can affect the speed of your broadband. From how for your property is from the telephone exchange to where you keep your router.
Below we have a few top tips to help you get the best speeds possible.
- Use the Master socket: This will reduce the risk of interference from any extension sockets you have. To find out what a Master socket is click here.
- Check Microfilters: These filter the phone and broadband signal on your phone line to maximise speed and stabilit of your connection. For more information on Microfilters click here.
- Clear your cache: It's important to keep your web browser in top condition, you may also find it useful to close and programmes/applications that you're not using. You can find out how to clear your cache here.
- Too many devices: Using lots of different computers, tablets, smartphones or gaming devices connected to the internet at the same time, will slow down your broadband speed.
- Protect your devices from viruses: It's vital that you keep your computer protected with up to date internet security software and run regular anti-virus scans.